By Winfield Townley Scott,Merle Armitage
From "a soiled hand":
Words are very robust. you are not certain of that? think about everything you will not say.
- Wonderful comment in a word I had this week from William Carlos Williams. He referred to the "disease" of eager to write poetry; stated he were "off" poetry for lots of months and—he said—"I believe fresh and unhappy."
- One reason behind retaining this type of laptop: you could wear checklist the retort you could not reflect on eventually night's party.
- Photographs of Henry James in his heart years will be commented upon. long past is the shy aesthete of the younger portrait (by LaFarge?) . This bearded guy has a fierce glance, even a bestial one. this is perhaps-I do not know-James at his such a lot generative. back this guy disappears within the shaven, bald, ultimate James, the recognized James—the Grand Lama.
- I spotted whilst Lindsay (thirteen) learn aloud a passage from a looking publication the opposite day he suggested "genital" as "genteel." i might like to see a literary historical past titled "The Genital Tradition."
- Contrast "business ethics" and the ethics of paintings. no one writes a poem hoping it is going to put on out in 4 or 5 years.
Between 1951 and 1966 the celebrated American poet Winfield Townley Scott stored a chain of notebooks during which he set down his strategies on poetry, literature, the literary scene, and lifestyles commonly. presently sooner than his premature demise in 1968 he made a variety of the entries he inspiration have been most sensible and gave it the name "a soiled hand." those perceptive notes, a few tart, a few light, a few boisterous, a few wistful, provide us a extraordinary perception into the workings of his artistic brain. George P. Elliott has acknowledged of Scott: "In a really reliable means, i feel he was once as rock-bottom American a poet as we now have had seeing that Frost." The creation is via Scott's friend Merle Armitage, who additionally designed the unique variation of this book.
Read or Download a dirty hand: The Literary Notebooks of Winfield Townley Scott PDF
Best asian american literature books
Seminar paper from the yr 2011 within the topic American reviews - Literature, grade: 1,0, collage of Potsdam (Anglistik/Amerikanistik), direction: super annoyed and awfully diversified- US-Amerikanische Mainstreamliteratur nach 2000, language: English, summary: I didn’t comprehend why i wished aid, since it appeared to me so that you can put on heavy boots while your dad dies, and in case you aren’t donning heavy boots, you then need assistance.
Whilst Dorothy Burnett joined the library employees at Howard college in 1928, she was once given a mandate to manage a library of Negro lifestyles and historical past. the college bought the Arthur B. Spingarn assortment in 1946, in addition to different collections, and Burnett, who may later develop into Dorothy Porter Wesley, helped create a world-class archive referred to as the Moorland-Spingarn learn middle and cemented her position as an immensely vital determine within the upkeep of African American heritage.
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2006 within the topic American experiences - Literature, grade: 1,00, Catholic collage Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaftliche Fakultät), direction: Novel and picture, 10 entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: “Do Androids Dream of electrical Sheep?
- Les cracks de l'Arnaque I (FICTION) (French Edition)
- Blurring the Boundaries: Explorations to the Fringes of Nonfiction
- Madison County, Mississippi (Black America Series)
- Molted Feathers: Stories and Poems Written During Transformation
Extra info for a dirty hand: The Literary Notebooks of Winfield Townley Scott