By Eric Shiraev
Read Online or Download A History of Psychology: A Global Perspective PDF
Best history of psychology & counselling books
Quantity 2 of the Freud: value determinations and Reappraisals sequence bears out the promise of the acclaimed foremost quantity, a quantity whose essays "breathe new existence into the research of Freud," embodying learn that "appears to be impeccable in each case" (International overview of Psychoanalysis). It begins with Peter Homan's particular reeexamination of the interval 1906-1914 in Freud's existence.
Michael Hanchett Hanson weaves jointly the historical past of the improvement of the mental innovations of creativity with social constructivist perspectives of energy dynamics and pragmatic insights. He offers an attractive, thought-provoking research to curiosity someone concerned with creativity, from psychologists and educators to artists and philosophers.
In Kohut, Loewald, and the Postmoderns, Judith Teicholz, utilizing the modern critique of Kohut and Loewald as a touchstone of inquiry into the present prestige of psychoanalysis, makes a speciality of a choose crew of postmodern theorists whose fresh writings include a wondering subtext to Kohut's and Loewald's principles.
Why do humans act the way in which they do? How do their wants and fears develop into recognized to us? while are our critiques of others right, and whilst are they prone to be fallacious? those are questions which attribution idea attempts to reply to. initially released in 1975, this name presents an off-the-cuff advent to the sector of attribution, with the theoretical ideas and matters illustrated in daily examples.
- Anxiety (Johns Hopkins Biographies of Disease)
- Hysteria Complicated by Ecstasy: The Case of Nanette Leroux
- Creativity and Psychotic States in Exceptional People: The work of Murray Jackson (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- Psychotherapy in the Wake of War: Discovering Multiple Psychoanalytic Traditions
- History of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology: With an Epilogue on Psychiatry and the Mind-Body Relation
Additional info for A History of Psychology: A Global Perspective